I believe in the Wil Wheaton principle of Internet conduct: “Don’t be a dick.” When faced with some of the more irrational Internet trolls, I just repeat that to myself. My first inclination is to fire back, of course, but I don’t. I just think there is enough unhappiness in the world that I don’t need to add to it. So I make the choice not to; still, there is plenty of hate on the Internet.
So it is incredibly awesome and humbling to find this in my comment feed:
I’d like to thank MachineGunMama at http://machinegunmama.wordpress.com for this award. It’s funny that she found me inspiring as I think the same of her. Check her out, you’ll have fun and instantly fall in love with her kawaii creations.
Here are the rules for this award.
1.Thank and link to the amazing person who nominated you.
2.List the rules and display the award.
3.Share seven facts about yourself.
4.Nominate 15 other amazing blogs and comment on their posts to let them know they have been nominated.
5.Proudly display the award logo on your blog and follow the blogger who nominated you
Seven Facts About Me
1. I love purple and pink above all colors. So yeah, I’m a stereotypical five-year-old on the inside.
2. Howl’s Moving Castle is my favorite Studio Ghibli film.
3. I am sensitive to sunlight. If I am out in the sun for more than five minutes, my skin breaks out into welts and blisters. It is very unpleasant.
4. I consider myself a Christian existentialist. Due to this, Søren Kierkegaard is one of my favorite philosophers.
5. I do not vote for incumbents. If I don’t any of the challengers, I write in the name of a fictional character that is alien or anthropomorphized.
6. I love books so much that I have a favorite book in most categories and I make categories within categories to continue my lists.
7. I share my home with five cats. Three are named after Marvel comic characters (Gambit, Rogue, Ghost Rider), one is named after a video game (Zoe), and one was named by the shelter. My daughter insisted that Quill was the name she was born with, and it should stay that. My daughter was four years old.
So wow, now I have to share blogs that I find inspiring. I find so many things inspiring. In fact, I have a list of about 100 things I am encouraged by on a wall in my house. I find the reason to get out of bed, or to do chores, or to make creative items from a variety of sources and just looking at those things will get me going. The blogs I follow and nominated I hope are pretty diverse, so there should be something for everyone. They are also slightly uncomfortable for me to share as I find inspiration even in opinions and attitudes I disagree with and tried as I might I just couldn’t eliminate some of these on that basis; they are very linked up in how I am and how I interact with the Internet world. Each one uplifts, encourages, teaches, and challenges in its own way. I hope you find something that you like in my list.
15 Amazing Blogs that Uplift and Inspire (no particular order here)
1. Smart Girls Love Sci-Fi
2. The Study of Anime
3. Write On Sisters
4. Evil FX/Bioweapons
6. My Hotbox Kitchen
7. Kevin Reviews Uncanny X-Men
8. Lego Effect
10. Note To Self
11. Scattered Thoughts of a Crafty Mom:
12. Sewing In No Man’s Land
13. Holly Lisle
14. SparkPeople : This is more a collection of blogs, but when I struggle I can always find something to help.
15. Writing is Hard Work
Whew! That part was excruciating. I know I left people off that probably should be on here.
Thanks for reading. Thanks again to MGM for the nod, I am happy that you found me worthy. And I am ecstatic to pay it forward.
If you haven’t checked out MGM’s very inspiring blog, do it now. 🙂